- Provides culturally competent, trauma informed assessment services for CSF families referred by Child Welfare Services and community referred families.
- Conduct assessments both in person and occasional virtual sessions in the office and in the community
- Evaluate all members of the family living in the home for domestic violence, substance abuse, mental health, trauma, and other significant needs.
- Make recommendations based on assessment findings for preventive or treatment services to mitigate exposure to trauma (for children) and to mitigate/treat issues negatively impacting child safety (for parent/caregivers).
- Remains culturally sensitive and respectful in all client and staff interactions.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- AMFT/ASW/APCC or LMFT/LCSW/LPCC eligible by the California Board of Behavioral Science plus 2 years of related experience in direct client service. Bilingual English/Spanish Required
- Training in and mastery of family systems theory such as Structural Family Therapy and application of diagnostic criteria.
- Strong skills in interviewing, rapport building, and assessment.
- Certification in Domestic Violence Assessment and Treatment provided once hired.
- Ability to make sound clinical decisions independently and to apply clinical judgment to developing effective treatment recommendations.
- Ability to focus on multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Establish and maintains effective working relationships while showing open mindedness and a collaborative spirit. Compatibility with agency purpose, goals, philosophy, and approach. Demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for their work. Utilizes a creative approach to problem solving. Interactions with others reflect a spirit of honesty, humbleness, and self-awareness. Accepts constructive criticism with a positive attitude and willingness to implement change. Ability to work well independently and demonstrate appropriate initiative. Must demonstrate knowledge of trauma Informed, client driven, and culturally competent care.
Reliable transportation. Must have a California driver license and good driving record. Willing to use own, properly insured, reliable vehicle for the job (mileage reimbursed). Employment subject to clearances, including background finger printing checks, driving record, tuberculosis testing, and drug testing.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
We offer flexible work hours and excellent benefits to our employees.
- Generous paid vacation
- Paid sick time (6 days)
- Paid holidays (14 days)
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- 100% employer paid life insurance
- Health and wellness programs
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development assistance
- Great employee incentive awards program
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid supervision hours (clinical positions)
Starting at $28.58/ hour (DOE) for BBS registered associates and starting @30.87/ hour (DOE) for Licensed. EEO. Salary will commensurate with experience and education.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be exposed in an extremely stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. Travel is required to client homes. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee will be required to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer.
- Full-Time nonexempt position
- 40 hours a week: may include evenings M-F