Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct regular cleanliness inspections.
- Provide assistance in conflict resolution.
- Assist youth in developing independent living skills.
- Assist youth in getting on low-income housing lists (CHW, HUD, Section 8, etc.).
- Coordinate interviews and timely move-ins with residents.
- Provide transportation of clients to necessary appointments, interviews, events, etc.
- Assist with moving and security deposits.
- Track short and long term client progress in ETO as required by contract.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as required.
Required Education and Experience
Compensation and Benefits
BA in social work or related field
2 years relevant experience preferred. Experience working with teens and/or young adults including former foster and probation youth preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Establish and maintains effective working relationships while showing open mindedness and a collaborative spirit. Compatibility with agency purpose, goals, philosophy, and approach. Demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for their work. Utilizes a creative approach to problem solving. Interactions with others reflect a spirit of honesty, humbleness, and self-awareness. Accepts constructive criticism with a positive attitude and willingness to implement change. Ability to work well independently and demonstrate appropriate initiative. Must demonstrate knowledge of trauma Informed, client driven, and culturally competent care.
Reliable transportation. Must have a California driver license and good driving record. Willing to use own, properly insured, reliable vehicle for the job (mileage reimbursed). Employment subject to clearances, including background finger printing checks, driving record, tuberculosis testing, and drug testing
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Your well-being matters at Lifeline Community Services!
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays (13 days)
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- Free health and wellness programs
- Free Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Great employee incentive award programs
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Menu of optional benefits, including short term disability, critical illness, accident, hospitalization and cancer policy
( $21.00 -$23.10)Salary will commensurate with experience and education. Differential pay offered for bilingual skills. EEO.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be exposed in an extremely stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. Travel is required to client homes. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee will be required to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer.
Non-exempt, Full-time, 40 hours a week- Monday – Friday- Flexible hours. Times may vary per individual client needs (may include evenings and weekends).
Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5pm (with flexibility)