- Conducts initial telephone intakes to family to gather basic family information and determine eligibility for services.
- Checks client Medi-Cal number to confirm eligibility for services.
- Assigns eligible clients to team members
- Refers families to appropriate services at the agency and in the community that meet their needs.
- Enters client demographic information and survey data into electronic health records.
- Works with Program Coordinator to track referral data and maintain program logs.
- Provides excellent customer service by communicating with school counselors on the status of referrals.
- Prepares program brochures, letters, enrollment packets and resource packets.
- Organizes and maintains HIPAA rooms in compliance with industry standards.
- Performs various administrative support tasks that help the program run efficiently.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bilingual in English/Spanish required. BA preferred but not required; Some community-based social service experience preferred; Must possess excellent oral and written skills; Work well independently and as part of a team; Possess the ability to make sound decisions independently; Computer literate. Must pass required background checks. Must have reliable transportation and relevant auto insurance, plus a clean driving record.
Compensation and Benefits
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Establish and maintains effective working relationships while showing open mindedness and a collaborative spirit. Compatibility with agency purpose, goals, philosophy, and approach. Demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for their work. Utilizes a creative approach to problem solving. Interactions with others reflect a spirit of honesty, humbleness, and self-awareness. Accepts constructive criticism with a positive attitude and willingness to implement change. Ability to work well independently and demonstrate appropriate initiative. Must demonstrate knowledge of trauma Informed, client driven, and culturally competent care.
Reliable transportation. Must have a California driver license and good driving record. Willing to use own, properly insured, reliable vehicle for the job (mileage reimbursed). Employment subject to clearances, including background finger printing checks, driving record, tuberculosis testing, and drug testing.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
We offer flexible work hours and excellent benefits to our employees.
- Generous paid vacation
- Paid sick time (6 days)
- Paid holidays (14 days)
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- 100% employer paid life insurance
- Health and wellness programs
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development assistance
- Great employee incentive awards program
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid supervision hours (clinical positions
- $17.09-$ 18.74 Salary will commensurate with experience and education. EEO.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be exposed in an extremely stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. Travel is required to client homes. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee will be required to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer.
- FT – nonexempt position.
- Monday-Friday (40hrs