- Provide self-sufficiency focused case management to eligible families and individuals.
- Facilitate linkage to appropriate services for clients in accordance with their case plan including: free tax preparation, financial literacy education, cognitive and educational services, housing resources, job readiness, income support services, and immediate needs.
- Provide wraparound assistance for County-approved supportive services.
- Provides crisis management and consultations.
- Facilitate group workshops as assigned and assist supervisor in coordinating staffing for events.
- Assist with planning for the Resident Leadership Academy (RLA) and coordinating services with the RLA Program Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, and the EITC Coordinator
- Participates in supervision, case conferences, trainings and other collaborative activities as necessary.
- Responsible for contract compliance and follow all legal and ethical guidelines.
- Participates in quality assurance review.
- Meets productivity and caseload standards dictated by the contract.
- Participates in coordination and collaboration toward outside partnership building and internal outreach.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s level education in counseling, social work or related field and 2 years of work related experience. Knowledge of trauma-informed, client driven, and culturally competent care. Strong skills t building, boundary-setting, needs assessments, goal setting and motivating at-risk youth and families. Ability to identify client strengths as relevant to overcoming identified challenges to self-sufficiency. Must be organized and capable of maintaining detailed case files and documentation of progress in a professional manner.
Compensation and Benefits
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Establish and maintains effective working relationships while showing open mindedness and a collaborative spirit. Compatibility with agency purpose, goals, philosophy, and approach. Demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for their work. Utilizes a creative approach to problem solving. Interactions with others reflect a spirit of honesty, humbleness, and self-awareness. Accepts constructive criticism with a positive attitude and willingness to implement change. Ability to work well independently and demonstrate appropriate initiative. Must demonstrate knowledge of trauma Informed, client driven, and culturally competent care.
Reliable transportation. Must have a California driver license and good driving record. Willing to use own, properly insured, reliable vehicle for the job (mileage reimbursed). Employment subject to clearances, including background finger printing checks, driving record, tuberculosis testing, and drug testing.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- $21.58-$23.68 Salary will commensurate with experience and education. EEO.
We offer flexible work hours and excellent benefits to our employees.
- Generous paid vacation
- Paid sick time (6 days)
- Paid holidays (14 days)
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- 100% employer paid life insurance
- Health and wellness programs
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development assistance
- Great employee incentive awards program
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid supervision hours (clinical positions)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be exposed in an extremely stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. Travel is required to client homes. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee will be required to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer.
- FT non-exempt position
- Monday-Friday (40hrs/week)