- Interact & provide assistance to community by phone and in person
- Prompt customer service and lobby/waiting room management
- Ensure privacy practices, brochures and other required information are current and posted according to policy
- Adhere to privacy and HIPAA policies
- Follow all policies and procedures for crisis intervention
- Maintain supply of Intake and program materials in conjunction with Office Manager
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures according to protocol
- Provide limited information and referrals to community and organizations as appropriate
- Operate and maintain office machines (i.e. copy machines, fax, printers, etc.)
- Complete reports as needed
- Translate and interpret for Spanish speaking clients as needed
- Monitor customer conduct in public areas (waiting room, restroom, etc.)
- Modify forms as needed using Microsoft Word or Excel, Publisher
- Complete English/Spanish written document translation as needed
- Participate in supervision, training programs and other meetings as required
- Responsible for insuring ongoing neatness and sanitary condition of reception area, meeting rooms, and bathrooms
- Maintain communication with all Lifeline offices regarding front office matters in conjunction with Office Manager and Administrative Coordinator of Programs
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits
- High school graduate + 2 years’ experience or equivalent work experience
- Bilingual Spanish is required including verbal, reading and writing.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Accurate spelling, grammatical usage, and excellent communication skills. Knowledge of MS Word, including strong formatting skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and other current software as necessary.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships while showing open mindedness and a collaborative spirit.
- Compatibility with agency purpose, goals, philosophy, and approach.
- Accepts constructive criticism with a positive attitude and willingness to implement change. Ability to work well independently and demonstrate appropriate initiative.
- Strong professional communication skills written, face-to-face, and telephone
- Must be flexible and be able to work with multiple personalities both internally and externally
- Able to assess client needs and match them to the appropriate agency services
- Able to deal in a courteous, professional and calm manner with individuals experiencing a variety of stressful situations
- Strong decision making and crisis intervention skills
- Able to work independently as well as cooperatively in conjunction with other program staff and clients
- Able to successfully coordinate multiple priorities simultaneously
- Must be very organized and detail oriented
- Must demonstrate knowledge of trauma Informed, client driven, and culturally competent care.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation with a good driving record.
- Willing to use own, properly insured, reliable vehicle for the job (mileage reimbursed).
- Employment subject to clearances, including background finger printing checks, driving record, tuberculosis testing, and drug testing.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
This is a part time postition and not eligible for company health benefits
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development assistance
- Great employee incentive awards program
- Training and education assistance
- Paid sick leave
hourly will commensurate with experience and education EEO
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be exposed in an extremely stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. Travel is required to client homes. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee will be required to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer
- Part time non exempt position
- Mondays through Thursdays from 4:30-7:30pm