Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide intensive and therapeutic case management services designed to build and support participants’ relationships with family and community with an emphasis on permanent connections.
- Utilize evidence based or promising practices as the preferred treatment modality for crisis management and safety planning, as well as individual and group sessions.
- Provide coordination of care with other mental health professionals, primary care providers, and other supportive services.
- Provide support, advocacy, life skills, referrals, crisis intervention, and employment readiness services.
- Carry a reasonable caseload required by funding source and provide responsive services in the office, home, and/or community setting.
- Provide outreach and marketing to prospective participants and community partners.
- Will utilize the Coordinated Entry System to connect youth and young adults in finding safe, stable and inclusive housing options.
- Assist youth in obtaining documentation, housing, education and legal services, etc.
- Completes other duties as assigned
• BA in Social work or related field required.
Compensation and Benefits
• Masters preferred. Registered intern with the BBS preferred.
• 2 years relevant experience required.
• Experience working with teens and/or young adults including transitional age youth, specifically at risk-homeless youth preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Establish and maintains effective working relationships while showing open mindedness and a collaborative spirit. Compatibility with agency purpose, goals, philosophy, and approach. Demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for their work. Utilizes a creative approach to problem solving. Interactions with others reflect a spirit of honesty, humbleness, and self-awareness. Accepts constructive criticism with a positive attitude and willingness to implement change. Ability to work well independently and demonstrate appropriate initiative. Must demonstrate knowledge of trauma Informed, client driven, and culturally competent care.
Reliable transportation. Must have a California driver license and good driving record. Willing to use own, properly insured, reliable vehicle for the job (mileage reimbursed). Employment subject to clearances, including background finger printing checks, driving record, tuberculosis testing, and drug testing
Physical Demands/Work Environment
We offer flexible work hours and excellent benefits to our employees.
BA- [ $21.00 -$23.10-]
- Generous paid vacation
- Paid sick time (6 days)
- Paid holidays (14 days)
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- 100% employer paid life insurance
- Health and wellness programs
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development assistance
- Great employee incentive awards program
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid supervision hours (clinical positions)
Salary will commensurate with experience and education. Differential pay offered for bilingual skills. EEO.
FT/ nonexempt position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be exposed in an extremely stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. Travel is required to client homes. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee will be required to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer.
40hrs per week, Mon-Fri 830am-5pm, flexible hours depending on client needs.