- With support from CDO, oversee and manage Lifeline’s foundation and corporate grants portfolio consisting of 30+ donors
- Draft, write, review, and submit grant applications, acknowledgement letters, stewardship and annual reports, and renewal requests
- Work with senior leadership to create strategies for growing Lifeline’s grant support in unrestricted and program support funds
- Partner with Program teams to identify opportunities for targeted requests to address urgent or unique needs within various Lifeline programs
- Prepare budgets with Finance team as needed for reporting and solicitations
- In partnership with Database Administrator, ensure fundraising software, Raiser’s Edge, is kept up to date with all relevant communications, awards, and information
- Respond to new RFP’s when applicable with support from senior leadership, programs, and finance
- Lead monthly strategy meetings with executive team
- Attend monthly program finance meetings
- Conduct ongoing research to identify institutional prospects that expand Lifeline’s grant funder portfolio
- Arrange, prepare for, and attend donor site visits and meetings
- Provide support for fundraising and marketing events
- Represent Lifeline in the community at award presentations, networking events, and more
- Other related duties as assigned by the CDO
Compensation and Benefits
Strong ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple assignments simultaneously. Also must be able to and comfortable with asking for help and guidance when needed. Superior writing, proofreading and copy editing abilities necessary. Ability to pivot and shift priorities. Creative thinker. Enjoys working independently and within a team environment.
BA in a related field or equivalent work experience required. Minimum of five years’ grant writing experience in a mission driven non-profit setting is highly recommended. Minimum of two years’ experience in staff management is preferred. Experience with fundraising software programs, including Raiser’s Edge, and proficiency with research tools is a plus.
Must represent Lifeline’s mission, vision, core values, and philosophy and demonstrate cultural sensitivity. Must be willing to use own, properly insured, reliable vehicle for the job (mileage reimbursed).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation with a good driving record.
- Willing to use own, properly insured, reliable vehicle for the job (mileage reimbursed).
- Employment subject to clearances, including background finger printing checks, driving record, tuberculosis testing, and drug testing.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
We offer flexible work hours and excellent benefits to our employees.
- Generous paid vacation
- Paid sick time (6 days)
- Paid holidays (14 days)
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- 100% employer paid life insurance
- Health and wellness programs
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development assistance
- Great employee incentive awards program
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
Annual salary: $65k -$70k Salary will commensurate with experience and education
Position requires work in the community and in a professional office setting. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amount of weight (up to 15 lbs.); to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer, telephone, copier, fax machine, and other office equipment as needed. Work involves frequent contact with staff and public. Travel is required to multiple work sites using employee personal vehicle (mileage reimbursed). Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- 40 hours a week -Monday-Friday. Weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed (ability to telecommute with supervisor’s approval)